Wednesday, June 10, 2009

the old gang...The old gang


Sunday 4-16-89

Now we were so funking crazy
as we were stumbling -stumbling--out the door

I guess we didn't know
that the old gang wasn't the old gang
(wasn't going to be the old gang) any more



Genny --Sue was working
as a dancer in up town

ya she didn't make the big time
now she's a stripper all nite long

I heard Dave was doing time up in central state.
I ain't doing much better my self I'm just running late.

and the old gang's ain't the old gang
----any more

ah no--no--no--


Well the old gang's not the old gang any more.

Billy Joe went crazy
doing too much toot
flying like an airplane
with out a parachute


Cindy found the dark side
then she lost her way
found her living in a commune
in CAL--A--FORN--NI--A---


Jonny found a simple truth
written on a wall
Looking for the answers
on a bathroom stall


Billy found the good life
sure was flying high
wife and kids he left behind
still waving good-by


I can't seem to get to sleep
just staring at the wall
wondering what the hell went wrong any more
don't get you very far

no--no--no-


Well the old gang ...





I guess we didn't know....



no--no--no-

Janet she went crazy

wearing a Teflon suit
it's hard to have good sex these days
without dying too


I guess we didn't know


that the old gang

wasn't going to be the old gang

any ... more...

no..no..no..

the old gang

wasn't the old gang any---more



No comments: